As we head into the thick of the hottest summer months – it is more important than ever to make sure you are drinking enough water to keep your body healthy and properly hydrated.
Here are just a few reasons staying hydrated is so important in the summer:
- 2/3rds of our body is made of water (what? – yes it’s true!)
- We could not survive without drinking water
- We lose water throughout the day – going to the bathroom (ew – but we all do it ;), sweating, and we even lose small amounts as we breathe
- Water regulates our body temperature – help preventing things like heat stroke
- H20 lubricates our joints – and this protects important things like your spinal cord and body tissue
- It is a waste filter – helping us get the toxins out
Drinking water or eating foods that our body can convert to water needs to be part of our day throughout the year – especially when we are exposed to higher temperatures.
AND it is also helpful to know that even though you may be drinking water throughout the day – you could be counteracting that by also drinking diuretics like coffee – that cause our body to lose water content instead of gaining it. Considering ways to cut back on these water sapping fluids – so your body can maximize the true water you are putting into it.
Women – you need to shoot for 9 cups of water fluid per day.
Guys – need to aim for 13 cups of water fluid per day.
In the summer – whether you feel thirsty or not – if you want to enjoy the hot weather safely – drink that H20.
Further questions? Call us at Gibson Water or fill out a website form – we will get back to you promptly.
You may also visit the article source for this information: “It’s Hot Out! Drink More Water in the Summer ” by Dr. Daemon Jones. With any serious medical concerns or questions, always consult your doctor.
Here’s to a safe, fun, and hydrated summer!